Trim Healthy Mama is a super healthy whole-foods style eating plan so perfect for pregnancy and postpartum mamas. These healthy chocolate chip cookies are so yummy that the whole family will be asking for more. Enjoy Jessica’s recipe.
Cookies… as mamas, we are always looking for healthy cookie recipes, am-I-right?
With THM, the general “rule” is that we keep our fats and carbs separate, but in pregnancy and while breastfeeding we often need more crossovers. When the kiddos were invited to an online Frozen 2 streaming party, we wanted “real” cookies. You see, alternate flours like almond flour or baking blend are fantastic but you have to admit – there is a bit of magic when *real* flour meets *real* butter and that magic is what we were going for with these.
So, these are a Crossover recipe. Who are Crossovers good for? They’re good for pregnant and nursing mamas and those who wish to maintain their weight or stop their weight loss. They’re also great for the fast metabolisms of growing children. And they can also be a fantastic occasional treat for mamas who have been quarantined with their kids for several months. *raises hand slowly* We’re all about the treats right now. Each healthy choice we make to keep us away from all the temptations of fast food or processed convenience food is a baby step in the right direction, so no guilt with these, okay? Crossovers for the win!
A few notes about the ingredients in these healthy chocolate chip cookies…
You can use any sprouted whole grain flour in these. Sprouted flour will not only reduce the glycemic impact of your cookies, it will also up the nutrition as it literally unlocks the nutrients in the grain.
As always, I used THM Gentle Sweet as it is the most sugar like. Adding the blackstrap molasses will give them the traditional brown sugar-like taste that we love in chocolate chip cookies.
Sprouted Whole Grain Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookies – THM XO
Makes 55 cookies
1 cup softened butter (I used salted)
3/4 cup THM Gentle Sweet (I used Xylitol Free, but regular is fine too)
1/2 tsp Blackstrap Molasses
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp mineral salt
1 3/4 cups sprouted white whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup THM Sugar-Free Chocolate Chips
1/2 cup pecan pieces, or other nut of choice (optional)
* Preheat oven to 350 degrees
* In a large bowl, beat softened butter, Gentle Sweet, and molasses with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
* Add eggs & vanilla and mix again just until incorporated.
* Stir in salt, sprouted flour, and baking soda. Dough will be very thick.
* Gentle fold in chocolate chips and nuts (if using).
* Drop by rounded tablespoonful onto ungreased cookie sheet. You can flatten them slightly with the back of a spoon if you prefer a flatter cookie.
* Bake for 10 minutes. Let cool for 3 minutes before removing from cookie sheets. Delicious when fresh and warm out of the oven, but can be stored in an airtight container on the counter for up to 3 days.
Jessica is a Christian homeschooling mom of seven and married to her knight in shining armor for almost 25 years. She loves to share her recipes while managing the huge THM online community. Some of the links in her recipes may contain affiliate links to products she uses and loves. If you make a purchase, using these links, she’ll earn coffee money, which she promises to drink while creating more recipes that you’ll love.